Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Quinoa Pilaf with Mushrooms - E

    I don't know about y'all, but I sometimes struggle coming up with E meals to make, especially supper. I usually have an S supper, but occasionally I like to switch it up and trick my body by having and E meal for supper. I found this quinoa pilaf recipe somewhere and decided I should give it a go. I really liked it. I may actually make it for dinner again very soon!

    If you missed the post about the health benefits of quinoa, you can catch it HERE. Make sure you link through to the youtube video.

                                          
Quinoa Pilaf with Mushrooms - E
SERVES 4
1 Tbsp of Butter
1 small onion, Chopped
1/2 cup of thinly sliced mushrooms
1 1/2 cups of quinoa, rinsed and drained
1/2 T fresh thyme leaves
1 bay leaf
1 tsp of sea salt
black pepper, to taste
3 cups of low fat vegetable stock

Heat a large saucepan over medium heat and swirl olive oil around inside of pan
Cook onions until translucent, then stir in mushrooms until browned and soft.
Stir in the rest of the ingredients except vegetable stock. Cook, stirring often, until quinoa gives off a slightly toasted fragrance, about 5 minutes.
Pour vegetable stock into mixture; stir to combine. Bring to a full boil, reduce heat to low, and cover pan. Simmer until liquid is absorbed, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and fluff quinoa with a fork. Cover pan and let quinoa stand 10 more minutes to 'steam dry'.    
I recommend serving this with a lean meat and a seasoned vegetable.
                           

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...