Friday, October 4, 2013

Chocolate Raspberry Pudding - FP

  Oh Wow!! I really liked this recipe! It was a nice change from the regular Fuel Pull breakfast recipes. I will probably start eating this once a week or so until I reach my goal weight (60 pounds down, 40 to go). I'll still eat it after that I'm sure, just not as frequently. 


    Before I go to bed at night, I like to have a general idea about what I'm going to have for breakfast. I knew I wanted fuel pull, but I wasn't 'in the mood' for any of the fuel pull breakfast recipes I already have. I decided the recipe I was closest to wanting was the Chia Tapioca Pudding Recipe from the Trim Healthy Mama book. So I decided to go downstairs and make it up quick so it would be ready in the morning.

    When I started making the recipe, I began having all kinds of random inspiration (this was at 1:00 in the morning, I was clearly wired from too much coffee, too close to bedtime).

    After I was finished, It took me a whole five minutes forever to get to sleep because I was so excited to see how this turned out. I was like a kid at Christmas. It was pretty pathetic.

    This recipe will make a VERY nice breakfast or you can use it for a snack or dessert (I love the three in one recipes)!

    I was only a little disappointed. But then I tweaked it just a little further, and it was Christmas again!                                                 

             
 
 
Chocolate Raspberry* Pudding - FP
 
1 1/2 cups of Almond Milk
2 Tbsp of Cocoa Powder
1/2 tsp of Glucomannan
3 Tbsp of Xylitol
splash of Vanilla Extract
1 tsp of Coconut Oil
1/2 scoop of Protein Powder
1 Tbsp of Chia Seeds
A few Raspberries
 
Put first seven ingredients into a Magic Bullet type cup or your blender.
Blend for about a minute.
You want it noticeably thicker than the milk, but thinner than actual pudding.
Pour into a container and stir in chia seeds and raspberries.
Refrigerate overnight (give another good stir right before going to bed).
Eat pudding for breakfast (or snack, or dessert)
 
The next time I make this I am going to try to use 4 Tbsp of SJC 
and another 1/2 tsp of glucomannan for a slightly cheaper recipe.
 
* You don't have to use raspberries. You can basically use any berry.
I'm going to try chocolate strawberry next!


                                                                              
                                                               

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...