Friday, October 11, 2013

Fit Fierce Fabulous Friday: My Story (part 1)


I'm so excited to be blogging about one of my favorite topics - fitness. I wanted start by sharing my fitness story, but please keep in mind I haven't always gotten excited about getting sweaty and my knees buckling; but then again, I haven't always felt this great either! :)



I wish I could post a visual timeline of my health and fitness - however as that is not possible, I will do my best to convey to you the importance of being fit and hopefully.... motivate you to start or keep going on your own fitness journey!

                                                             B.F. (before fitness, haha) 


I was a pretty sad little person.... I never really felt amazing or had great amounts of energy. What I did have was 20 lbs. to lose. I had tried before (unsuccessfully, mind you) to lose weight, but always, always, always, fell off the wagon. I actually still have in my possession, a paper with summer goals written on it and (get this) one of them was to be a gym rat!!!! I was that desperate! I thought I had to work up a sweat in the gym or wherever to lose weight. I never did accomplish my goal, but I'm not surprised. I was NOT interested in fitness at the time... it just felt so boring. So many things have changed since then, and how grateful I am for those changes!

D.F. 1. (During Fitness, Part 1)


Fast forward to this February after some pretty traumatic family emergencies. We kicked off a weight loss contest in my extended family, which was supposed to have started in January, but due to said family emergencies the contest was postponed until February. Anyway. I began exercising and LOVIN' it! My sister was my partner and we were hittin' it, man! The ironic thing is that we were doing workouts like this:



See the problem with it? There's anaerobic activity to confuse the body and shed calories like crazy! But in my former self's defense, I had not yet read the exercise chapter. Only bits and pieces, and that not enough to motivate me. The Spew was just too hard, etc. I had a million excuses! 


D.F. (During Fitness, Part 2)


I moved on to other more intense (yet lesser) forms of exercise like Blogilates (ever heard of it?). Until recently I became so frustrated when it seemed that I was .... losing muscle tone! I was more flabby than ever! Why?! I made sure to keep my workouts under the 20 minute mark and I made sure to choose workouts that would make me sweat so why did it seem that I had traded what I wanted for the opposite of what I wanted while I was trying to do the right thing?! So, pretty desperate I grabbed that book and read the exercise chapter(s). It all made sense and start to fall together like the pieces of a puzzle! I was experiencing what Rachel Cosgrove had experienced... So  I decided to give Serene's method a try. After only a few workouts, I am experiencing an unprecedented amount muscle tone on my frame! It is amazing! I HIGHLY recommend the program and methods that Serene outlines in Trim Healthy Mama. You will see results in a short amount of time! I am still working on it, so I can't write an After... yet! Look for that in a few weeks, I will be sure to share when the victory is mine!

Once again, I recommend that you go buy Trim Healthy Mama if anything I have said in the first part rings with you or the results I am seeing seem impossible to you! I look forward to your comments, questions, and suggestions! 



                                                                       Happy weekend!
         








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...