Thursday, October 24, 2013

Three Cheese Chicken Penne Pasta Bake - S


     I like spinach. My dad does not. Wasn't sure how he would like this. He loved it (Long story, short).

    This recipe was on a cream cheese box from Aldi's, I loved the three cheese penne from Applebee's and was hoping this was similar. It's not really, so don't set yourself up for that, but it is good in it's own right.

    My adapted version contains Dreamfield pasta which I don't recommend eating too often. It is nice to have the variety though.

    The next time I make this, instead of using dreamfields, I'm going to try using cubed, cooked zucchini for a more purist option. I'll update should I ever get around to that.


Three Cheese Chicken Penne Pasta Bake
Makes 4 servings
 
1 1/2 cups of dreamfields penne, uncooked
1 pkg (9 oz) of fresh spinach leaves
1/2 lb of boneless, skinless, chicken breast, cubed
1 tsp of basil leaves
1 jar (14.5 oz) of spaghetti sauce*
1 can (14.5 oz) of diced tomatoes, drained
2 oz of Neufchatel Cheese, cubed
1 cup of Shredded Mozzarella Cheese, divided
2 Tbsp of Grated Parmesan Cheese
 
 
Heat oven to 375 degrees.
 
Cook pasta as directed, adding spinach
to the boiling water for the last minute.
 
Cook and stir chicken and basil in a large non-stick skillet on
medium-high heat for 3 minutes. Add spaghetti sauce and tomatoes, bring to a boil.
Simmer 3 minutes or until chicken is done. Stir in neufchatel cheese.
 
Drain pasta mixture, return to pan. Stir in chicken mixture and
1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese.
 
Spoon into a 2 quart or and 8x8 baking dish. Bake 20 minutes.
Sprinkle with remaining cheeses. Bake another 3 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...