Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Bacon Cheese Quesadilla - S


    I made these  quesadillas the other day and they were great (If I do say so myself, and I do)! They were so quick and easy, I'm going to put this in my lunch/snack arsenal. 

    I used precooked bacon, but you can use whatever kind you'd like. You can also use whatever low carb fillings you'd like. You could also simply use cheese and have a cheese quesadilla. Options are great!

   The Joseph's Pitas work well for this because you can stuff them better. Our local store was out of the normal sized Joseph's pitas, so we had to get the smaller ones. Perfect size for a snack quesadilla. If you want this as a meal use the normal sized pitas.

    I love onions and mushrooms. I sauteed them in a pan first and scooped them into the pita. So Good! But you might not like them. If that is the sad case, don't add them.


Bacon Cheese Quesadilla - S

1 Joseph's Pita
2-3 slices of Cheese of choice
2 slices of Bacon
Optional fillings such as onions, mushrooms,etc, sauteed
Butter for frying

Trim off about 1/4 of the top of a pita to create an opening to stuff.
Carefully hold the pita open and stuff it with the cheese, bacon, and optional fillings.
In a pan of hot butter, fry until golden brown, about one minute,
 then flip and fry until golden on other side.
Flip onto a plate and enjoy while it's still hot!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...