Saturday, September 28, 2013

Almond Joy Bites - S

    Melissa from The Blue House Blog  is my new bestest friend! She linked this FANTASTIC recipe to Trim Healthy Tuesday.

    I have tried this recipe. I ran it past my taste-testers. I loved it. They loved it. I put one of my testers on a limit. He said " You let me taste that, and now I can only have 4"???  This is a great recipe for when you're having one of  'those' days.

    As tempting as it is, you cannot eat the whole batch at once. However, this is one of the few recipes I have found so far that actually tastes truly sweet. I enjoy eating a few of these and they actually satisify me! Hard to find a recipe like that.

    Thank You Melissa!! You have my undying love and appreciation for this recipe alone!


 
 
Almond Joy Bites - S
 
1/2 cup liquified coconut oil
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
4 T + 4 T xylitol (powdered)
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
1 cup coarsely chopped almonds
 
To powder xylitol, simply put it in a coffee grinder or a Magic Bullet type cup.
 
Combine coconut oil, cocoa, and 4T of powdered xylitol in a small bowl for Skinny Chocolate. Leave on the counter to stay in liquid form.

In a mixer bowl, combine cream cheese, coconut, nuts, and remaining 4T of powdered xylitol; mix well.
Form cream cheese mixture into tablespoon-sized balls on a sheet of waxed paper or in a muffin tin; freeze for 30 minutes or until slightly hardened.
Remove from freezer and drizzle balls with liquid Skinny Chocolate.
Store in freezer; these are wonderful served cold.
 
When I made these I used a tablespoon sized scoop and made about 25 balls.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...