Saturday, September 28, 2013

Berry Breakfast Quinoa Parfait

    This is a fantastic summer breakfast. I'm posting it in the fall so you can think about it and drool all winter. You're Welcome.

    Actually, you could try this with apples and I would imagine it would be a very nice fall breakfast.


 

    I'm not sure where I got the original inspiration for this. I'm certain it was online somewhere, but I'm not sure where. So Sorry if I should be giving the credit to someone. If it's you, let me know and I'll link you in.

Quinoa Yogurt Berry Parfait
Berry Breakfast Quinoa Parfait
 Yields 2 Servings

1/4 cup of unsweetened Almond Milk
1 1/2 cups of 0% Greek Yogurt 
4 tsp of Chia Seeds
plan approved sweetener
(I used 2 Tbsp of SJC )
1 tsp extract of choice
3/4 cup of cooked Quinoa, cooled
2 cups of Fresh Fruit*
1/8 tsp Cinnamon
Stir together first five ingredients until well blended.
Layer the ingredients as desired. Garnish with cinnamon.
You can make this the night before so it's ready in the morning when you are!
You also don't have to layer it if you don't want to. You can just stir it together in a bowl.
I have also found the yogurt layer by itself makes a very nice FP dip for berries!
*Fresh Fruit can be a peach, an apple, etc. It does not have to be just berries. Customize it for you!

Linked at Thank Your Body Thursday at Thank Your Body and Tasty Thursdays at Mandatory Mooch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...