Saturday, September 28, 2013

Salmon Breakfast Casserole - S

This recipe is a fantastic whole foods breakfast/lunch/dinner/snack! Best of all worlds.
I love salmon, and spinach, and cream cheese, and eggs. There is no way for me to lose with this recipe (except weight)!

    It is a great way to get your Omega 3's and is a cinch to whip up. It only takes 35 minutes to bake as opposed to the hour some breakfast bakes take. I don't know about you but when the natives get restless around here, an hour is too long. Somebody ( most likely the cook ) could die in that time.

  The first time I made this recipe I just cut in in half and baked it in an 8x8 pan. I will never make that mistake again.

    Just to clarify, it turned out really well but when we were done eating it, there were only two pieces left for me to hide save for later. I put one in a container in the fridge and the other I hid  saved in the freezer. From now on I will just make the whole recipe and have more to... ahem, save.

    If you are someone who cannot fathom eating fish for breakfast, fear not. This would be perfect for a quick lunch/supper also.

    This recipe was posted on Trim Healthy Tuesday by the  Beatitudes, Blessings, and Broadcasts blog. The original recipe calls for fried radishes. I have not tried them yet but feel free to add them if you'd like.




Salmon Breakfast Casserole - S

2 (14.75 oz) cans of Salmon
1 box of frozen Spinach, thawed*
8 oz Cream Cheese**
16 Eggs
Salt and Pepper, to taste

Grease a 9x13 pan. Layer salmon on the bottom ( I remove the bones first).
Drain spinach, layer over salmon. Cut cream cheese into cubes, dot over the top of the spinach.
Beat the eggs with the salt and pepper, pour evenly over the pan.
Bake at 370 F for 35 minutes
You could sautee mushrooms and/or onions and add if you'd like. You could also add tomatoes, etc. Make it how you like it!
This would make a nice Fuel Cycle meal for an S day, just don't add the cheese. 

* I used a can of spinach when I made half of the recipe, you could use 1 or 2 cans (drained) instead of the frozen.
** I would imagine you could basically use whatever cheese you wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...