Sunday, September 29, 2013

Cheesy Spicy Eggs - S

 


 I have finally found a 'new' way to make eggs. My dad is a low-carber and typically gets eggs every morning. I wanted something different for him besides the same old omelet, fried egg routine. I was on Low Carb Friends and found this recipe. I have tweaked it a bit to make it suit us better.

   I made them for both my parents. My dad loved them. My mom did not appreciate the hot sauce so early in the morning. I fixed that for her and now she likes them as well.

    They look a little weird, but they taste great!

 
Cheesy Spicy Eggs - S
 
3 Tbsp of Water
3 Tbsp of Heavy Cream
3 dashes of Tabasco Sauce*
3 eggs
1 slice of American Cheese
Salt and Pepper, to taste
Braggs Liquid Aminos, to taste -optional

In a non-stick pan, saute first three ingredients over medium heat.
Cook until it starts to thicken.
Carefully break the 3 eggs to form a triangle in the pan.
Salt and Pepper.
Cover with lid and steam for 2 minutes.
Remove lid and put cheese on egg whites.
Cover with lid for 30 seconds or until cheese is melted.
Transfer to a plate.
If desired, drizzle Liquid Aminos on top.

* If you don't like hot sauce/spicy things, simply omit the hot sauce.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...