Sunday, September 29, 2013

No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake - S

   
I love pumpkin spice everything season. There is something about cool, crisp mornings that makes me want to throw pumpkin in my coffee, oatmeal, yogurt, and desserts ( I didn't really like it in my oatmeal. Which reminds me. Someone once told me chocolate and pumpkin go really well together. They lied. Please don't ever waste perfectly good chocolate by mixing it with pumpkin. Major Yuck. It must be an aquired taste. Which I haven't aquired yet. Nor do I ever plan to.Thank You)

    However, how can you go wrong with Pumpkin Cheesecake? This recipe is very simple to make and has gotten rave reviews. And of course, since it's THM, it's one of the few cheesecakes that will not go straight to your hips!

    We recently celebrated a birthday and this was the requested 'cake' by the birthday person!


No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake
 
CRUST
 I made the Ginger Snap recipe from the Trim Healthy Mama Book.
(If you don't have the book, get one!I'm sure you could find a good recipe online for a
 gingersnap crust. If not, you can make this without the crust)
After the Ginger Snaps have cooled, I put the entire recipe into a blender or Magic Bullet type cup and blend to fine crumbs.
Dump about 3/4 of it, reserving the rest to garnish the top, into a pie pan or an 8x8 cake pan.
 
 
 FILLING
8 oz of 1/3 less fat cream cheese
1 cup canned pumpkin
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp cinnamon
plan approved sweetener(I used about 4 Tbsp of SJC)
16 oz Heavy Whipping Cream,
whipped and sweetened to taste
 
 
Whip cream cheese until softened.
Add the rest of the ingredients except whipped cream, blend well.
Using a spatula, fold in 10 oz ( about 3 cups, whipped ) of whipped cream.
Carefully spread over top of gingersnap crust.
Spread remaining whipped cream over filling.
Sprinkle reserved gingersnap crust over top for garnish


2 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious! I hope to try it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I were using Gentle Sweet, what amount would you suggest starting with?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...