Saturday, September 28, 2013

Ketchup - FP

    I have had some family members ask me for low carb ketchup. I am not really a big ketchup fan, so this was never really high on my list of priorities. I had same family members ask some more, again I sort of brushed it off as I'll get to that one of these days. I had same family members ask again. I finally realized they were not going to go away. I knew I had better find a ketchup recipe before they chopped my head off (Actually, they're very nice people, my head was in no jeopardy. My hands maybe, but not my head).

    I got online, searched, and came across this recipe. I do not like ketchup. I LOVE this ketchup. When I first tasted it, I started looking for 'ketchup carriers' ( something to put ketchup on so I could eat more of it).

    Even my VERY picky family member said "It's not the same as the real stuff, but I could adjust". This is a high compliment coming from him. If he gets the slightest inclination something might be a 'diet' food, he will walk run away. Another family member who is on the opposite of a diet (i.e. he's trying to GAIN weight [I know, I hate him, too]) uses this every chance he gets. It's good stuff.

    Whole New Mom linked this recipe up to Trim Healthy Tuesdays (I think). A special thanks to her for sharing this great recipe!


A Homemade Ketchup Recipe you can make in a flash. Find out how to make ketchup--simple, sugar-free and delicious!
 
 
 
Ketchup - FP
 
7 oz of Tomato Paste
2 Tbsp of Apple Cider Vinegar
3 Tbsp of plan approved sweetener*
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp granulated garlic
1 1/2 tsp granulated onion
3/8 tsp allspice
1 Tbsp Blackstrap Molasses
2/3 cup of Water
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper, optional
 
Mix all ingredients together. Put in container, ideally an old ketchup bottle.
This will separate, so you will need to stir or shake it before use
 
* Whole New Mom used 2 Tbsp of Vegetable Glycerine and 1/64 tsp of stevia extract
I used 3 Tbsp of  Sweet Juice Concentrate.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...