Monday, October 21, 2013

Chocolate Chunks - S

    Today I'm going to share an excellent chocolate chunk recipe with you that I recently created.
My taste-testers have agreed that they are really good.

    If you don't have time to make chocolate chunks and don't mind a little artificial sweetener, Hershey's has a very good sugar free chocolate chip (or small 'fun size') option. I prefer to avoid artificial sugar when possible, but it's not a concrete rule. Whatever works for you.

    You may not recognize one of the ingredients listed: baking emulsions . I recently discovered it at my local health food store. It is supposed to hold flavor better than extracts. When I added it to this recipe, the melted chocolate started to take on a dough like consistency. I don't know if you subsitute vanilla extract if it will have the same consistency. I don't think it will do any harm to try.

    This recipe makes enough chunks for 2 batches of cookies as per recipe I'm posting tomorrow.
Make sure you check back tomorrow for a great chocolate chunk cookie recipe!

Chocolate Chunks - S
 
4 oz of bakers unsweetened chocolate
4 Tbsp of powdered Xylitol
1 tsp of Vanilla Butter baking emulsion
 
 
Carefully heat chocolate until just melted
(you can use microwave or double boiler method).
Add xylitol and baking emulsion. Stir well.
When I did this, it took on the consistency of clay dough.
Using a cookie sheet, put dough between pieces of parchment paper
and roll out to desired thickness.
Remove top layer of parchment and cut into desired sized chunks.
Freeze for about 10 minutes before using.
 
If your finished product is not a 'dough', pour it onto a parchment lined container
and freeze. Cut into big chunks and carefully process in the blender or food processor
until desired sized chunks have been acheived.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...