Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Flying (or not) with THM

I met with quite a challenge about two weeks ago. I was going to be flying across country and wanted to stay on plan. The flight was scheduled to be about 8 hours (including a layover).

    I knew if I was going to stay on plan I was going to have to apply brain power. I feel like I did really good. I was quite proud of my menu, actually. I'm sure others could do better ( and I do want to hear your ideas. Leave a comment!) but I was pretty happy.

My THM Flight Menu

Ham and Cheese Pinwheels


Bologna and Cream Cheese Roll Ups
(you can use hard salami as well)


Trail Mix


Mozzarella Cheese Sticks


These will travel fairly well if they're well chilled when you start your journey. If you think your flight may last longer than the reasonable time for your food to be safe, you can use a lunch bag as one of your carry ons. 
(Please note: My trip was scheduled for March, not the heat of Summer. This made it much safer to take without a lunch cooler.)

Did my menu execute well?

  We may never know. Everything was all packed and we were in the car on our way to the airport when we received a phone call that an ailing Uncle had passed on. Thankfully, we were able to cancel our tickets without getting charged.

   If we reschedule our trip, I'm going to try this menu again. Maybe we can at least make it to the airport ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...